Tri – Luma is a light yellow , FDA approved cream for moderate to severe melasma. It contains 3 different active ingredients; Fluocinolone 0.01% which reduces inflammation, hydroquinone 4% which lightens the skin and tretinoin 0.05% which increases cell turnover and exfoliates the skin.
It should only be used for a maximum of 8 weeks due to the steroid content.You will see a notable difference in your skin within 4 weeks. It needs to be stored in a fridge.
Possible Side Effects
- Use appropriate contraception whilst using this cream. The progesterone only pill is not considered effective
- Avoid sunlight and sunbeds and always use factor 50 sunblock.
- Avoid abrasive skin products.
- Avoid using in the creases of the nose and around the eyes and mouth
How to Use
- Gently cleanse and dry the area
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area plus 1cm of healthy skin at least 30 mins before bed.
- Use for a maximum of 8 weeks